Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Rawpple pie

Hey everyone, just wanted to update you on a new twist to the rawpple pie. On Thanksgiving my Mother-in-Law had some raspberries so I tossed them into the mix. I replaced one of the sliced apples with a cup of frozen raspberries. Using frozen ones helps them stay in one piece. This mixture I let sit in the refrigerator overnight then brought to room temp in the oven the next day. The raspberries brought a wonderful new tanginess and sweetness to the pie. Definitely going to do this from now on.
I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and I'll be back soon with more raw sweets.

Enjoy and be healthy!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, looks good. Hey, will you talk about which raw food cookbooks you like? There are so many out there, and it would be interesting to know which ones are worth checking out.

    ReplyDelete