Monday, November 9, 2009

Welcome to Raw Muffin

I will not bore you with all the details of enjoying a raw food lifestyle. I can, and will, direct you to those who are more knowledgable than I am to give you more information about raw food and the lifestyle. Many raw foodists will call this a 'diet' because that is the term most people are familiar with. I call it a lifestyle, because if you want to lose weight and improve your overall health diets just don't work unless you stay on them. At that point it's no longer a diet, it's a lifestyle. This is a lifestyle my wife and I have tried to incorporate into our lives for the last 2 years. Like many Americans on the Standard American Diet (SAD) we have not been 100% successful, yet. But we are taking steps to improve our lifestyle and eat better. We have started with desserts. Who doesn't like dessert? Chocolates, ice cream, pies, cookies and cakes. Who doesn't feel better after having dessert? But, who feels good weighing yourself after dessert? Exactly! Well, we have discovered so many wonderful recipes that use fresh fruits, vegetables and nuts and seeds to make wonderful desserts. Most ingredients can be found at your local supermarket, but for some you may need to visit a Whole Foods, Trader Joe's or other specialty store that sells organic and raw food items. You can also order ingredients from various websites that you will be able to link to from here.
I will regularly post recipes for desserts and write about them. Whenever possible I will also provide a link to the individual who provided the recipe. I will blog about my progress in the raw food lifestyle and how it has affected me. Most people will shed the weight and then tell you about it. You can experience it with me. I welcome your comments and if you have a recipe you'd like me to try and write about please send it my way and I will give it a go.
Once again, welcome to Raw Muffin. Enjoy and be healthy!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to learn some recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This man makes an awesome raw apple pie. He will have to give you the details because he mixes it up each time. I seem to recall my favorite is the one with a walnut and coconut crust. So good! Hoping he'll make one to share with my family at Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete